Based on the types of loans the p2p lending platforms offer, they can be split into 3 main categories:

Many platforms are a mix of these 3: Mintos and Viventor offer both consumer and business loans, Crowdestate and Grupeer offer both business and property loans. 

There are many European p2p lending platforms that let you invest in business loans and gain good interest rates for your money. Some of the ones I like the most are on this list.

Wisefund

Wisefund is a new and promising p2p business lending platform from Estonia. With an average interest rate of 18% on its loans, it promises its investors good returns.

All loans come with a buyback guarantee, and the loan terms range from 3 to 18 months.

Signup bonus

0.5% cashback on all investments made in the first 270 days after registration

2010
Launched
17 %
Average returns
0
Investors
0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

TFG Crowd

TFG Crowd is one of the newest p2p business lending platforms from Europe. Registered in Estonia, it has offices in Tallinn, Riga, London and Berlin.

All loans are covered by buyback guarantee and TFG Crowd created a special buyback fund to cover for any defaults. 2% of the amount of every funded project goes into this fund.

Loans location

Most of the loans available are issued to British and German companies, so TFG Crowd is a good platform for portfolio diversification outside of the Baltics region.

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
0
Investors
> 0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Monethera

Monethera is one of the newest players in p2p business lending town. You can invest in real estate projects, business loans, green energy, logistics or technology companies and earn up to 22% per year in interest.

All loans are covered by a buyback guarantee and the loan terms range from 6 months to 2 years.

You don’t have a secondary market, but you can sell your investment back to Monethera for a 5% fee. It’s less than ideal, but at least you have a way for exit.

In case of borrower default, Monethera pays investors immediately 80% of the invested principal. For the remaining 20%, they can either wait for the debt collection process to finalize (which might take more than a year) and receive the full amount, or take half of it immediately and forget the remaining 10% of the loan.

Signup bonus

5 EUR bonus on registration and 0.5% cashback on all investments made in the first 180 days

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
0
Investors
> 0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Kuetzal

Kuetzal is a relatively new crowdlending platform from Estonia offering the possibility to invest in business loans with good interest rates.

The interest rates range from 10% to 21% and the loan terms range from 1 to 4 years. What makes Kuetzal appealing is the fact that it offers these business loans under a buyback guarantee, which means in case of default the projects will be bought back by Kuetzal from investors.

Kuetzal doesn’t have a secondary market, although this missing feature is endemic to most of the business crowdlending platforms from Europe.

Signup bonus

0.5% cashback on all investments made in the first 180 days

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
~ 0
Investors
> 0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Grupeer

Grupeer is a great peer to peer business lending platform from Latvia. It offers both business loans and real estate development loans with an average return rate for investors of 14%.

All loans are covered by a buyback guarantee and the loan terms are up to 4 years.

Grupeer acts as an intermediary between investors and loan originators.

The loan originators are lending companies across Europe that offer loans to either people or businesses. The loans published on Grupeer are already pre-funded, so the investors earn interest from the first day they invest money into a loan.

The main pain point when investing in Grupeer is that they don’t have a secondary market and you can’t exit your investment before the loan matures.

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
~ 0
Investors
> 0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Flender

Flender is a p2p lending platform that offers loans for Irish small and medium enterprises.

The loan amounts range from 15.000 EUR to 150.000 EUR and the loan terms are up to 3 years.

There is no buyback guarantee, but each loan is rated with a credit ranking from A+ to V. Flender analyses the borrowers’ creditworthiness in-house and also uses the credit information obtained from Credit Safe and Stubbs Gazette.

Flender is a good option if you want to diversify your portfolio by investing in Irish businesses.

Signup bonus

5% bonus on all investments made in the first 30 days

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
~ 0
Investors
> 0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Envestio

Envestio is a crowd investing platform based in Estonia. It offers investing opportunities from a wide range of industry sectors. The investments offered have a yearly interest rate between 12% and 22%.

Besides the good interest rates, Envestio also offer a buyback guarantee on its projects. This means that in case of default, investors receive instantly 80% of their invested funds. For the rest of 20%, they can either wait for the debt collection procedure to finalize and receive their full amount, or get half of the sum instantly.

Envestio doesn’t have a secondary market, but lets you sell your investment back to them for a 5% fee.

Signup bonus

5 EUR on registration, 0.5% of the invested amount in the first 270 days

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
~ 0
Investors
0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Debitum Network

Debitum Network is a decentralized p2p lending marketplace from Latvia, that started offering business loans to worldwide companies in September 2018.

The average interest rate for the loans available is 9.36%.

All loans available are secured with some assets and most of them come with a buyback guarantee. Depending on the loan originator, some of the loans are bought back while paying back the principal and accrued interest, while others only pay back the principal.

The main downside when investing in Debitum Network is the lack of a secondary market. Your funds are stuck on the platform until the loan matures or defaults.

One other downside is that the interest rates currently offered, at around 10%, are a lot smaller than what most of the Baltics platforms offer right now.

Signup bonus

10 EUR bonus when you invest at least 250 EUR on the platform

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
~ 0
Investors
0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Crowdestor

Crowdestor is a peer to peer lending platform based in Estonia that publishes on its website secured loans with interest rates that vary from 12% to 36%.

The domain activity of the companies finances range are very different: real estate, transporting, restaurants, hotels, startups, mobile games, movies, etc.

The loans are not covered by a buyback guarantee, although Crowdestor is slowly building a buyback fund that amounts to around 100.000 EUR currently.

The loan terms range from 3 to 18 months.

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
~ 0
Investors
~ 0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Crowdestate

Crowdestate is a real estate crowdfunding platform based in Estonia. You can either finance or get funding for a real estate development project.

You can invest in the real estate market through credit loans or invest in business loans and mortgage-backed loans.

All real estate development projects offered on the platform are ended with the sale of the property. Some of the projects might close earlier than the expected term, if specific conditions are met, like “a 30% increase in the value of the property”.

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
~ 0
Investors
~ 0 mil EUR
Loans funded
0 EUR
Minimum investment

Assetz Capital

Assetz Capital is a crowd investing platform from the UK that lets investors earn interest by investing in secured business loans. 

There’s no minimum investment and while the loans are not covered by a buyback guarantee, most of the investment options available are covered by a provision fund.

Assetz Capital is one of the safest p2p business lending platforms to invest in the UK. The downside is that the interest rates in the UK are a lot smaller than the ones in the Baltics.

The manual investments offer an average return for its investors of around 8% per year. The currently available interest rates are between 4.5% and 11.9%, so the 8% return assumes a diversified portfolio and also takes into account the defaults.

The automatic investment setups offer a cap to 6.25% on the annual return. Lower than the manual investment options, although for now, I prefer the auto-invest funds.

2010
Launched
16 %
Average returns
> 0
Investors
> 0 mil GBP
Loans funded
0 GBP
Minimum investment

Invest now in Crowdestor secure investments and earn from 15% annual returns

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *