ViaInvest and friendships bring bonuses
ViaInvest just launched a refer-a-friend campaign offering 10 EUR bonus for each investor that registers on the platform and invests at least 50 EUR. They also offer a 10 EUR bonus to the referrer (me), so if you use Via Invest, I’ll graciously thank you.
- Launched: 2016
- Headquarters: Latvia
- Loan types: Consumer loans
- Loan terms: from 7 days up to 5 years
- Loans from: Latvia, Poland, Indonesia
- Loans funded: ???
- Investors: 10000
- Interest rates: 9% to 11%
- Fees: no fees
- Minimum investment: 10 EUR
- Currency: EUR
- Secondary market: no
- Auto-invest: yes
- Buyback guarantee: yes
- Accepts investors from: EEA Countries
- Bonus: 10 EUR bonus when investing at least 50 EUR
Who is ViaInvest
ViaInvest is a p2p lending marketplace from Latvia launched in 2016 that offers short-term consumer loans from Sweden, Spain, Latvia, Poland and the Czech Republic.
The interest rates given to investors are decent, between 9% and 11%. It’s nothing to brag about, and other platforms offer consumer loans with higher interest rates (see my reviews on Fast Invest or Robocash).
ViaInvest is the child of VIA SMS Group and the loans issued on the platform are coming from lenders belonging to the same group.
The group is in a good financial state. It increased its revenue in 2018 by 22%, reaching almost 25 million EUR, with a 3 million EUR profit (double than in 2017).
The average interest rate for the investments on the platform is 10.05%.
3 types of loans are offered:
- Short-term – fixed-term loans from 7 to 30 days
- Instalment loans – from 3 to 12 months
- Credit line – the borrower can choose to pay either in 30 days or pay monthly instalments until the loan is repaid
If you plan to exit your investment early, the short-term loans would be the best option.
Why invest your money on ViaInvest
ViaInvest is a good-sized p2p lending platform with about 10.000 investors already registered on it. At the moment there are around 5000 loans available on the platform, and it’s not due to the lack of investors.
The loans come with a buyback guarantee, meaning the loans are purchased back by the platform if the payments are more than 30 days late. The buyback also includes the accrued interest for the late period as well.
The minimum investment on the platform is 10 EUR.
If you don’t like to spend time manually looking for loans, you can set up an auto-invest profile and let it do the work for you.
You can sell your investment back to ViaInvest using an initialize buyback option on all long-term loans after you keep your investment for at least 120 days.
Can you join the platform
You need to be a resident of an EEA (European Economic Area) country or Switzerland to be able to create an account on the platform and invest.
ViaInvest is a good, stable p2p lending marketplace to invest in. Its strong points are:
- buyback guarantee that includes also the late period
- minimum investment of only 10 EUR
- auto-invest tool that runs the business for you
- possibility to exit your investment early through the initialize buyback option
- good interest rates from 9% to 11% on the loans offered
And it also has a refer-a-friend campaign that gives you a 10 EUR bonus when you invest at least 50 EUR on the platform.